Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mississippi Roast In Crockpot

I saw this roast recipe popping up on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try.  It turned out just as good as everyone was bragging it would be.  It's a keeper.  I used a chuck roast......
One stick of unsalted butter, one package of McCormick Au Jus Gravy mix, one package of Hidden Valley Ranch Dip and six peperoncini's.  No water needed.
Here's the order:  Roast, gravy mix, ranch mix, stick of butter, and last the peperoncini's.
I cooked on high for two hours, then turned to low for the next five.  Here's how it looked half way done........
I really wanted mashed potatoes to go with it but forgot to buy them at the store.  I had brussel sprouts in the fridge, so that's what my side dish had to be.  I sauteed onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent, then added chopped fresh brussel sprouts and bacon bits.  Stir fried for about five minutes and it was ready.

Amazingly good !!!!









2 comments: